Friday, November 27, 2009

Random thoughts and photos

Wef ound this tiny and very old lady carrying a bundle of sticks up a mountain. People carrying bundles of sticks is commonplace, but this vieja could only go a few steps before she had to rest. When I tried to photograph her wizzened old face she protested and would not allow it.
Pink Flamingoes - Surprisingly we found pink flamingoes in the high elevations of the Andes from Peru south. They were in flocks in marshy areas. We presume they were migrating.


This was our first view of the Andes. It was in Columbia and the best example of a saw-tooth mountain we saw all trip.

Swimming naked in the warm waters of Costa Rica's Pacific side

Lake at hotel the nigfht before Ushuaia
Lake at hotel before Ushuaia

Rock Star status coming to an end. This girl begged to have her picture taken with me at the end of the world - Fin del Mundo

Kiwi Jeff and me. We each brought a stone from Dead Horse, Alaska which we exchanged for a stone in the Beagle Channel here in Ushuaia.

A tremendous peak in Ushuaia

Waiting for the ferry to Tierra del Fuego


I've located some photos from earlier in the trip and thought I'd post them. Today we rest, celebrate Mac's 60th birthday and start our trek north in the morning. At our group dinner the other night Kevin gave a talk about our accomplishment. He singled me out for my dogged determination to continue despite the fact that I can't walk ten steps without doubling over in pain. Good ole Kevin - he got us all here!

No comments:

Blog Archive