Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ozone injections and chocolate

View from hosteleria

Lake country
Waitress from hosteleria on Suzuki
One ofthe lakeside mountains out my window here in Bariloche.

San Miguel de los Andes to Bariloche - 180 miles

We rode on lovely paved roads through a lake region today. The lakes were connected by a wide, meandering river. The river fed lush vegatation for 100 yards on each of its sides. As you looked out over the otherwise barren landscape you see a green swath of tall green poplarsand lush vegatation. It reminds me of the beautiful Snake River as it winds through Wyoming to the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole.
Mac and I stopped at a hosteleria on the edge of a cliff overlooking the river and lake. I told the waitress I didn't ever want to leave. She smiled but was not surprised. Later the Swiss owner told me he's never been anywhere so tranquil.
Bariloch is a town built on the banks of a large lake surrounded by snow-capped mountains. It was settled by the Swiss log ago. They brought their chocolate making skills with the and now Bariloche is famous for its chocolate. The town's architecture is purely Swiss with a choclate shop on every corner. We could be in Lugano.
I went to a doctor yesterday for my sciatica. It is so bad I may not be able to ride the next dirt sections. I'm meeting with Julia today t see if there s an alternate paved route I can take. Kevin thinks I might have to go in the van. NO -anything but that. Anyway the doctor convinced me to try Ozone therapy. He injected O3 into my back and said it would help. At that point I was in such pain I would have tried witchcraft. This morning my back feels better!! I have a 2:30 appointment for another injection. I think I'll go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bike is fine since the problems in Peru?

Anonymous said...

Are they still skiing in Bariloche?

Jim Jones said...

They are not skiing now, though there appears to be plenty of snow

Anonymous said...

I think the bike is ok...:):)

Blog Archive